Community Forums

Balihigh-My Story  

RSS

Balihigh
(@balihigh)
Registered
May 28, 2017 1:29 pm  

In September, 2008, I had my bladder removed & have a urostomy.  I have never let a bag on my belly stop me from doing what I want to do.  I have been to all 7 continents with Moby Dick.  We have ridden an ostrich in South Africa, tubed in Amazonia in Ecuador, swam in -20 F in a hot spring in Alaska, ridden an elephant & climbed a glacier in Antarctica among other things.  

I live in the USA & I'm a 68 year old female whose saying is: Cancer hasn't slowed me down.  It has speeded me up!

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 28, 2017 1:56 pm  

Welcome to the forums, Balihigh!!

I love that you're so active! We need more urostomates to share stories like this.

If you have any tips you'd like to offer other urostomates, please feel free to share them either in the Tips and Tricks or Urostomy forum!

Where is your next adventure? 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Balihigh
(@balihigh)
Registered
May 28, 2017 3:55 pm  

I've had another challenge lately-heart bypass surgery but hope to go to Iceland when I'm healed.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 28, 2017 4:20 pm  
Posted by: Balihigh

I've had another challenge lately-heart bypass surgery but hope to go to Iceland when I'm healed.

Good luck, and keep on doing what you love! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Illona
(@illona)
Registered
July 2, 2017 9:28 am  

This is so inspiring!  I work so I can afford to travel and had to cancel my 2017 solo trip to the UK due to my illness.  I will go in 2018 instead.  How does security react to your bag?

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register