Community Forums

Tummy Troubles  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 20, 2018 1:41 pm  

Hi Folks, Ain't the human body a wonderful thing! All those bits and pieces inside that all play a part in our every day function. I have had trouble most of this year with my tummy swelling for really no reason, I had an MRI done and no issues showed up. My doctor had the theory that it may be adhesions on the bowel and I was proscribed a pill called Spasmonal which I do say after taking the problem seemed to ease. Since the Doc wasn't satisfied that the cause had not been pinpointed I had a CT scan done. I received the results when I visited my Doc again. I sat down and firstly assured me their was nothing bad showed up BUT in his words "Their is some thing missing" (my wife said she could have told him that) lol. Its my Pancreas he said its like a small "sliver" and is amazed I am not diabetic. As a result of this its affecting me being able to digest food and so may be the bloating. I am on Creon tables one before a meal and its really helping. I don't have an answer to why this has happened and it looks like it been this way for some time. I have been tested for my blood sugar and await the results. My wife is type 1 diabetic and have tested with her device and the blood sugar is normal. Any way I feel fine and still healthy so really scratching my head which by the way is bald so may be I am slowly disappearing!! :-D 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 20, 2018 2:03 pm  

God bless you John.  I think when anything goes off or removed bowel wise, nothing works well-- glad your Dr. went further.  Glad your feeling better-- and hope you remain on an up-ward scale !! 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
December 21, 2018 11:24 am  

John,

I'm with Marcie! Hope all continues to go well with you! 

Stella

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 21, 2018 3:12 pm  

My blood results came back clear, seems that i still am producing insulin ok. Very pleased 😁 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
Raine
(@raine)
Registered
December 22, 2018 11:16 am  
Posted by: john68

My blood results came back clear, seems that i still am producing insulin ok. Very pleased 😁 

That's awesome!  

Raine

LK and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
December 22, 2018 1:20 pm  

That's wonderful news, John! Isn't the human body a marvel? It's amazing how it compensates!

Stella

LK and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
December 27, 2018 1:43 am  

John...this is one of those times when you have to be very glad that you followed your gut... no pun intended, and went forward with your inquiry. Knowing about your pancreas may be vitally important in the future. I believe that it is better to know then not to know some of these things. I am so glad you are not joining us in the Diabetic crowd...not even type two yet! We all know that we need the pancreas to live and it is a very important organ. i saw the effects of cancer in my hubby with his pancreas, and then after surgery without it.  Make sure you baby sit it and avoid foods that can harm...for instances fatty meats and possibly alcohol. My old neighbor kept feeding her dog the fat off bones and meat. He died of a badly inflamed pancreas after a 35 hundred dollar vet bill. When the vet could not help he asked what the dog got for treats as that was not given when simply asked what the dog eats. Pancreatitis is something you may wish to become informed about and find out how to avoid it. I am delighted that the results are not the worst of results. Something you can live with and care for.  We are your own doctor, we know there is something wrong before our doctors, so be informed and knowledgeable,  knowledge is power and strength in bad times. I wish you the healthiest year you can possibly have. May you and your family be well and create memories to tell the great great grands.  I am  so pleased for you!

Linda

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
January 1, 2019 12:20 pm  

Wow John ! I am just seeing this . I am glad your Doc didn't quit and found this or well didn't find it Haha . But your Doc did find the problem that must be a relief . But yes surprised you don't have a diabetes problem but its a good thing and I am glad you don't . I am sure you will keep a close eye on it as it can be very serious as Linda mentioned . Hey on the bright side you can eat pasta again without a worry right ? Ha . I found out awhile after my first surgery that my Doc had taken my appendix out (no big deal) when I asked him first thing he said was you can't have it back ! Lol he has a good sense of humor . Anyway glad ye has found the problem and you are doing better Lad .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register