Suds?

6 Posts
5 Users
12 Likes
Chelly
(@chelly)
Topic starter  

hello all,

I’ve had this happen several times to where when I empty the pouch it appears that a suds like substance comes out with my output and I also notice it rinsing. So, i was wondering if anyone else ever experiences this and what causes it. 

LK reacted
(@john68)

Hi Chelly, I had to read that twice as I thought the title was SPUDS ?.? But seriously if it’s what I think ? for me it would happen if I had fasted for a while. And nothing untoward.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK and Chelly reacted
ReplyQuote
Kirsten
(@kirsten)

Oh my gosh, me too! All the time!! I presume it has something to do with the alkaline salts in the upper digestive system. Alkaline salts plus oils = soap. Weird tho eh?

LK and Chelly reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

I've had foamy output before, which sounds like what you're describing. I don't think it's any cause for concern, and seems pretty common.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK and Chelly reacted
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)

I get this occasionally. The ostomy nurse told me that it is when your stomach is working but you don’t have food in there for it to break down, and that it is not cause for alarm.

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

VeganOstomy, LK and Chelly reacted
ReplyQuote
Chelly
(@chelly)
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone for all the reassurance and that makes sense because it happened today as is why I posted and I had not eaten yet and my stool was quite watery all day. I probably was a bit dehydrated and was only drinking coffee. 

VeganOstomy and LK reacted
ReplyQuote