Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Ordering Supplies over Christmas  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Honorable Member
12/12/2017 8:10 am  

Hi Folks, At this time of year every one seems to be running around like a Blue Assed Fly. Gifts, Food, and probably something we don,t need. And come the Big day something will be left out. Now can you think of the horror of going to your Ostomy drawer and finding one lonely pouch!! I very nearly had that experience a few years back so have a check and make sure yer not chasing after Santa when he comes down the chimney as he has the only Sack in the house!!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
12/12/2017 10:24 am  

Yes! If you haven't already ordered supplies to get you through the holidays, go and do it! Holidays are stressful enough without having to worry about being short on supplies. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Estimable Member
12/12/2017 11:36 am  

Same goes for medicines. Plan ahead. 

Failure to plan means planning to fail.

john68 and Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Noble Member
12/12/2017 11:50 am  

Mine should be in the mail this week.. I always put a star for the month of November-get my count, make the order as I planned it from last June.. For Medicare, you get 20 per/month. So,  I see a need for a 3 month supply, then a one month, that way I have left overs.   I did a 1 month this time, as packages may get lost.. easier to track down..  I am holding now at 45 pouches, and getting 20 more in a few days.. Then I order in January again....

I have to do a count down for the shelve life.. Get to many box's? I just get all mixed up-- Daaaaaaa. :-( ---But it is a good plan for me.. 

Also, those on Medicare, *********** Every year a NEW siginture from your Dr. has to be e-mailed to your supplier!! Thankfully, I checked, I am September.. IF your in during the Dec. holidays.. this will take time and you may loose 2 weeks of a delay.. (been there did that) ---- I did mention this last month....  ***get yoor calanders out!!! ***

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Reputable Member
12/12/2017 12:43 pm  

I was surprised when my last order came it was 3 months worth and I didn't even order it that way . Guess they already new . Marcie thanks for the medicare info I will have to check into that .

And john good call Lad ! No flies on you  !!!!!

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

john68 liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register