Community Forums

Hyperbaric Oxygen u...

Hyperbaric Oxygen update  

RSS

madrikh52
(@madrikh52)
Registered
November 19, 2019 2:35 pm  

I thought I would give a recent update on my HBO2 treatments. I have completed 9 weeks (44 "dives") and I believe it has helped. However, it took me until the 7th week to be able to say that. Because of radiation injury to my pelvis, I had lots of symptoms and all but the urinary symptoms have improved. It's possible that the bladder symptoms are better but because I had a UTI recently, I can't be sure. My surgeon would like me to complete 3 more weeks, but things have gotten crazy in my life.

3 1/2 weeks ago my 30 yo daughter was diagnosed with a rare adrenal cancer that necessitated urgent surgery. The surgery required us traveling to our nearest teaching hospital and we have been away from home for 11 days. Hopefully we will head home today. Her surgery went well and recovery is going well so far. Anyway, because of the aggressiveness of her cancer, she will need to be scanned every  3 months. So that's my life...

If I do the 3 more weeks of HBO2 I will update here with any changes. But for now I can honestly recommend it for radiation damage/ injury. If anyone can access HBO2 outside of a medical facility, I hear it's good for all kinds of things, including would healing.

Peace,

Marci

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
November 19, 2019 3:00 pm  

Marci, 

I am so glad you have noticed success with your hyperbaric treatments. I wish I could say the same thing. Maybe the quality of the home setup my friend has is not as high as what is available in the hospital? 

I would be very interested if you do complete the last 3 weeks to hear about any additional benefit you notice. 😀

-Liza
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
November 19, 2019 5:11 pm  

Marci, I send good wishes your way for you and also your daughter's recovery.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
November 19, 2019 6:13 pm  

Best wishes to you and your family, Marci.

I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@ileostony)
Registered
November 19, 2019 7:33 pm  

marci, lots of prayers for you and yours. Thank you for the update and for trusting us with the story of your daughter's situation. May this be just the beginning of a full and speedy recovery for her, and may your continued use of the hyperbaric chamber afford you every blessing within its purview.

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register