Feeling lost re nex...

Feeling lost re next steps  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS

Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
January 19, 2018 6:22 am  

To answer your questions,  my name is Zvi Tusk. I am an "ultra"orthodox Jew who lives the Torah as much as is feasible. I wish I could call myself a God fearing person, but i do have foibles. 

Both of my parents were sole survivors of the Holocaust destruction of European Jews. I have concluded that they were deemed fit , in heaven,  to continue God's plan. My two brothers and I were the next stage and our children and grandchildren also follow. 

So when I received my liver, it took me a moment to realize that I miraculously got an extension of life to move forward with the plan.

I ended chasing after the dollar,  and went back to study the immense body of literature called the Torah. 

My physical problems with the kidney transplant and IBD  and cancer are accepted with a smile because I am in God's hands. I spend my time doing good deeds and studying. 

More later, I am late for a class.

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
January 19, 2018 6:18 pm  

HI Linda, Ya I took some of those pads home with me.. I bought those any way's I figured. And needing them asap? What ever......... MINE!! :-) -----You said pain after eating?  What kind of pain?  I feel pain after I eat now..stomach area.. Or r u talking about the pain you HAD before your many surgeries?  Maybe it is just scare tissue they keep telling me.. But no scars on the left side.. Pancreatics?? So slow on getting this checked out--"later gatttor"  :-(

Yes, I love my sanctuary of my master bedroom and the master bath to myself.. :-) This was a big help to me as I healed and it's ALL  still MINE!! Helped me get MANY things straight and not in any ones way.. As we all know that w need the time to get ourselves straight with all we have to do with this surgery.. How our imagiations can fly huh?   We need our special time alone and heal and adjust..  On anything at that matter.. LIfe does throw us surprises, and we need time to accept and understand.. Sorry you lost or husband so young and at such a difficult time in your life. And the dogs....... A lot on your plate huh? But I see you  pretty  much cleared that plate and ready and healed with your stoma and going skiing.. IF I was younger and stronger? I would be skiing right besides you-- such a free feeling huh? I enjoy cleaning the platter myself and start off with a  new clean on and pray for it to stay clean.. But??????? We know what to do now don't we??  My sancturary......... For u men, we woman need our santurarys.......... Just the way we are sometimes........... :-)

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
January 19, 2018 9:51 pm  

Zvitusk...thank you so much for sharing.  I find this interesting.  I can not iimagine what horror your parents went thru.  It was almost too much for me to read the story of  ...oh shoot I forgot the title of the book but I bet you know what I am talking about.  The young girl who wrote about her life in the attic.  I amazed me and scared e all at the same time.  I can hardly think about the Holocaust without tears for what those people endured.  Truly horrific.  What are you studying?  You have had a livertransplant and kidney transplant also.  Amazing.  Glad you lived thru it.  It makes me all the more aware that I too was lucky to have my disease caught at the time they caught it.   Continue to heal and accept your new organs and what life has dealt you.  I am so glad I am in Gods hands as when I have had surgery I go in without fear of the what is next steps.

Strength comes in many forms. But I believe God to be the strongest.

Linda

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
January 19, 2018 10:16 pm  

Marcie,  I certainly have not skied yet...but I do intend too for sure.  I also have the master bath to myself...my bedroom is huge. Who would I share it with?  Not my son!  He has the basement suite.  He is such a great young man, I love him to bits.  So much like his Dad.  It was fun having three dogs. I loved being part of there pack,  it was almost a priveledge as they all co-operated so well for me and I them. I think it was more they who had me trained then I them.  At any rate Ceasar  Millan would be thrilled with the way the dogs are raised.  They have all been well socialized and loved,  played with walked and rested.  

The pain I get is while eating and after.  My guts just rock and roll like crazy.  I have to go for a CT Scan on the 2nd of Feb. with a special dye I get to swallow and in y veins to see just where the guts are shrinking again.  My guts are always messing with me.  The pain can be excrutiating t times.  It is hard to finish a meal most times because I know it  is hurting as I eat.  Sometimes I just have to stop eating  Most of the pain siabove my bellybutton.  I only get to see it when I change my bag.  I miss it sometimes.  So glad they put it back where it belongs tho! I di feel that planning to do something for the next day even if you have to cancel or put it off is a great way to move forward.  It is important to move forward as stopping is not an option.  One moment at a time then one minuiet then five then 10 and so forth.  It can be like waking from surgery.  You often have dire pain then the drugs are given more frequently until you have none.  The regular from there.  It is all a part of moving forward.  S good plan.  We have all moved forsrd and now we share our experience and can continue to encourage one another, talk about what has caused or is causing trouble and keep moving forward.  Do not dare avoid getting your pancreas tested or looked at.  A CT Scan can tell you alot.  It was pancreatic cancer my man had and that turned out bad. Behave yourself Marcie!  If I do not hear soon that you have done something I will get after you!  Please for your sake get it looked at if you think there i a problem..The only sighn we had that there was something wrong was some back pain and then WHAM  kidney stones and infection and right on that diagnoses was the CT and then cancer.  avoid going there if you can ... do something soon girl.  It is heart wrenchong to watch someone die of cancer. No control or anything over it. I miss him so much and it has been 81/2 years.  Sometimes it still feels like yeasterday.  You are the only one who can say something is not right here...help. Chat soon....

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
January 19, 2018 11:37 pm  

after my Gull Baldder surgery-THey never told me that I had mofphine bag h anging above and I had to squeeze the pump FOR 3 DAYS!!  I kepot telling the nurse that I need pain meds.  said yur getting them-- THen again I told a male nurse something has to be done..!!!!  He said gee-your bad is still full did u squeeze the pump??????????????? My eyes were crossed.......

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Michelle
(@michelle)
Registered
January 22, 2018 9:32 am  

Wow, thank you so so much to everyone for sharing your experiences, you have no idea how much you have helped me.

Sorry I haven't returned to the thread before now, my head wasn't in a good place after gettng what I thought I wanted, a referral for surgery. I still have the referral in place and am going to keep it to discuss options, but I've been taking Mezalazine(?) suppositories for the past few days and there has been a massive improvement to the bleeding, it's called right down. I'm just taking it a day at a time and trying not to overthink things, and just want to thank everyone for being there when my head was a mess. Plus all my bloods came back ok, and I'm only slightly anaemic rather than severely anaemic, yay me! 

ReplyQuote
Michelle
(@michelle)
Registered
January 22, 2018 9:33 am  

Wow, thank you so so much to everyone for sharing your experiences, you have no idea how much you have helped me.

Sorry I haven't returned to the thread before now, my head wasn't in a good place after gettng what I thought I wanted, a referral for surgery. I still have the referral in place and am going to keep it to discuss options, but I've been taking Mezalazine(?) suppositories for the past few days and there has been a massive improvement to the bleeding, it's called right down. I'm just taking it a day at a time and trying not to overthink things, and just want to thank everyone for being there when my head was a mess. Plus all my bloods came back ok, and I'm only slightly anaemic rather than severely anaemic, yay me! 

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
January 22, 2018 9:12 pm  

Hi Michelle...I am so glad to hear that you are doing some what better.  It seems sometimes like a long climb to get on top of the mountain in front of us but let me encourage you to take one day at a time and get lots of rest when you can.  You must feel a little better about your situation knowing you are not so badly anemic.  I deal with anemia all the time and have learned to just go with the flow.  If I get tired, I appreciate being tired because that usually means I have done something satisfying, or it is a chance to do some cross stitch or crocheting or simply reading.  Like this summer when I went thru the boxes of the remants of my 30 year marraige and raising children.   It was a lot of work and somedays I only got thru one box and others none.  They sat there until I got thru them all and I was thrilled to take boxes to the thrift shop.  Just do what you can and expect to feel tired or more so some days.   I think it is true that every day holds a surprise for energy.   

Keep  being positive and I hope things continue to come further under control for you.

Linda 

Linda

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register