This is part three (the last in the series) of my video chat with Amber Wallace.
In this part, we laugh and talk about some of the “silly” questions we asked about our surgery, as well as some of the questions we’ve received about living with an ostomy.
You can watch part 3 here:
Some of the questions we answer (timestamp to the right):
- Do I pee the same after surgery? 1:10
- Will I be able to go on walks or hikes? 2:00
- Am I allowed to run? 3:15
- Amusement park rides? 5:18
- Does your stoma hurt? 8:15
- Bleeding stomas?? 10:18
- Can you sleep or lay down on your stoma? 10:55
- Do you feel empty inside when your colon is gone? 11:40
- Will you have no colon forever? 12:40
- Does your stoma make noise? 14:45
- Should I keep a food diary? 17:30
- On dehydration. 18:29
We also share more of the tips that have helped us to navigate around being a new ostomy patient!