Community Forums

Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Music  

Page 1 / 5 Next
  RSS

john68
Reputable Member
20/10/2017 5:21 am  

Hi Every one,

One thing in life I have always gained a lot of pleasure from is listening to music. Any evening I have the house to myself love to kick back and put on some of my favourite tunes. Seeing we are from all over the World it would be interesting to see what artists, bands and music types get you moving, Notice I ain,t said what I listen to yet. so you tell me your guilty pleasures and I will tell you mine

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Tony H
Trusted Member
20/10/2017 9:56 am  

since you are being so coy about your music tastes , I will start the ball rolling even though I am on the same island as you , I love everything from the Beatles , the Clancy Brothers etc to modern music like Of Monsters and Men , to be honest I will listen to nearly every kind of music apart from our own version of country music (are you a Daniel fan ? ) .

On the crohns forum they have a thread which link videos to music that we like , I dont know if we can do this here as it might eat up bandwidth , any thoughts Eric ? 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
20/10/2017 10:54 am  

When I was a teen and into my early 20's I would listen to mostly 70's rock, alternative rock, heavy metal - bands like Rush, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Slayer, etc.

Lately, I just listen to whatever works - usually anything in the Top 40's (pop, hip-hop, dance). 

With that said, I just got a 90 day free trial to Google Play Music, so I'll be able to stream anything I want until 2018 =) 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
20/10/2017 10:55 am  
Posted by: Tony H

On the crohns forum they have a thread which link videos to music that we like , I dont know if we can do this here as it might eat up bandwidth , any thoughts Eric ? 

You can certainly link the videos, but I'd have to get a forum add-on to show it as an embedded video. 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Tony H
Trusted Member
20/10/2017 11:34 am  
Posted by: VeganOstomy

When I was a teen and into my early 20's I would listen to mostly 70's rock, alternative rock, heavy metal - bands like Rush, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Slayer, etc.

Lately, I just listen to whatever works - usually anything in the Top 40's (pop, hip-hop, dance). 

With that said, I just got a 90 day free trial to Google Play Music, so I'll be able to stream anything I want until 2018 =) 

I have play music for the last few years , I love it , when I was young if you wanted to buy an album it took some serious thinking as they were really expensive and the album would be played over and over and then swapped with friends for other albums , when the cassette tape came out it was a revolution , you could copy your friends music and enhance your collection , 

now  with play music im like a kid in a candy shop , only with music instead of sweets , I have instant access to tens of thousands of albums new and old and it only costs 10 dollars(euro)a month .

just something to start with 

https://youtu.be/GemKqzILV4w

VeganOstomy and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
Reputable Member
20/10/2017 12:15 pm  

To start with I have to agree with Tony on the Irish country music, As person Daniel O Donnell is a true gentleman and has never forgotten his roots. but other than water boarding having to listen to his music I can,t think of a worst torture!! In my teens I was a big Jam fan and liked the later stuff from Paul Weller as well.  Like you Eric Dance and hip hop and have been known to murder the odd power ballad at karaoke went on a night out. One sign that its time to take me home is when I start on the Kenny Rodgers!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
john68
Reputable Member
20/10/2017 12:19 pm  

AH Tony how could I have left out Snow Patrol, Wicked!!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
20/10/2017 12:57 pm  
Posted by: Tony H

...when I was young if you wanted to buy an album it took some serious thinking as they were really expensive and the album would be played over and over...
I miss that. I still like to buy music, but it's really not the same as unwrapping a cassette or CD, and you certainly don't cherish digital copies the same way that you would physical copies. 

Tony H and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
Reputable Member
20/10/2017 1:11 pm  

That is some thing the younger generation is missing out on, At high school we would head to the record store and spent lunch time tossing through LPs. Sitting in the locker room trying out my mates new Sony Walkman. Have a friend who has a loft converted to a music room and its all vinyl and I mean the sound quality is unreal.

ReplyQuote
Robert
Reputable Member
20/10/2017 4:24 pm  

I favor the older country Johnny Cash , Willie , Waylon older David Allen Coe , Loretta Lynn , Tammy Wynette that era but not the older twangy stuff  . In younger days used to listen to Led Zeppelin , Creedence  Clearwater Eric Clapton etc.  . I like the oldies and still listen to country although I don't care for the style its changing to . I can listen to just about anything except the head banging stuff . Oh ya Beatles , Rolling stones , Mamas and Papas There is a lot of good older music .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
Reputable Member
20/10/2017 4:52 pm  

Hi Robert, A lot of classics in their, Johnny Cash now we are talking Legend. Glenn Campbell, Don Williams too!

ReplyQuote
Robert
Reputable Member
20/10/2017 8:10 pm  

Right you are John some of those are legends  . And yes Glenn Campbell and Don Williams there's a lot of them .  Sounds like you know about these classics . Guess I kinda dated myself a little   . Haha . 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
Reputable Member
21/10/2017 2:13 am  

Not dated Robert, Lets think of ourselves as Classic or Collectable. Like an antique vase but the handles missing lol

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
Reputable Member
21/10/2017 12:51 pm  

Yes John like a fine wine right ? Get better with age ! Hahaha

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
Reputable Member
21/10/2017 1:07 pm  

Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones Sam Cooke Chuck Berry etc etc....

" Its a wonderful Night for a Moondance"....

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

john68 and Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5 Next

Working

Please Login or Register