Notifications
Clear all

Tip for those who are fed with the cheap cloth material on Hollister bags  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 30, 2018 12:34 pm  

If any of you have been following me for any length of time, I'm sure you'll know that I'm not impressed with the cheap cloth material that Hollister uses on their pouches.

Forum member @yittleone expressed her displeasure in the material too, so I thought I'd share what I do to solve the problem for me.

Basically, I use their clear pouches and use a pouch cover over it. Either that or I'll have an ostomy wrap or support band covering it anyway.

This gives me the option to still see what's in the bag while keeping it concealed from others. It also allows me to change the look of my appliance and go with colors or patterns that I normally wouldn't have on a standard bag. 

I've reviewed several pouch covers in the past, but there are so many more out there!

https://www.veganostomy.ca/product-reviews/#Pouch_Covers

AMS
 AMS
(@yittleone)
Registered
March 30, 2018 1:32 pm  

My whole system is the one my stoma nurse set up for me post-op.  I did try a one piece system: Coloplast SenSura but I felt like I was being stabbed by the thick flange and even with residue remover I felt like I was ripping my skin off when removing it. So I went back to the gentler Hollister system.  I have requested a sample of the Coloplast two piece system.  I'm hoping that the flange system is easier on my skin.

My bag is always tucked behind all my clothes so no one can see it.  My stoma is in a place were I don't think I could even find clothes that go under it.  It sucks being short waisted.

I've been having a real problem with getting various systems in a convex flange...in my tiny stoma size.  They just don't seem to exist sometimes.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
March 31, 2018 12:56 pm  

AMS, have u tried the children's pouching systems?  Have a long talk with the companies like convetx, etc.  You may be better off with a one piece as it won't be to heavy with your small stoma. (?) Mio is light weight I feel. 

Hollister is not for me..  The wafer is to thick, and the material???  Messy and cant clean it properly if any poop gets on it.. Never mind it is bulky-- But some like it.. 

ReplyQuote