Community Forums

Coloplast Sensura Mio 1pc #10471 - REVIEW (w/ video)  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 30, 2017 11:22 am  

Yes, it can sometimes be trial and error. Some appliances have less of a tendency to react compared to others, but I'm sure that there's always going to be someone who has skin that's not compatible with the adhesives in any given product.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Teddyburr
 Teddyburr
(@Teddyburr)
January 8, 2018 2:26 pm  

Hmmm... I was Soooooo excited by the release of the Sensura Mio some time ago. Now I’ve had my Ileostomy for 48 years now, and must have tried every appliance out there.

The MIO....simply GORGEOUS bag....state of the art....superb material, streamlined, I thought...”this is it!!!” - my Holy Grail Bag....NOT SO!! leaks, LEAKS....side leaks. The MIO flange needs a total rethink and replacement. It’s NOT sticky enough!! Within one hour, my sometimes watery output just sleeps through this flange. I’m absolutely GUTTED!! What a FABULOUS bag...completely spoilt by its wafer!! Totally could NOT trust this bag. I wear TIGHT jeans, but I’d never be able to whilst wearing the MIO.

My Bombproof bag? The SALTS Convex XND1352. I don’t need a Convex, my Stoma protrudes fine. I wear the XND1352 for its absolutely beautiful LARGE, sticky flange. NO LEAKS!! No residue on removal. HAVE TO wear a washer though (as I have to with ANY bag, so far). My washer?? THE best!! Salts Secuplast!!! Please Check them out!!

If the Sensura Mio used the flange material of the SALTS XND1352, there would be nothing currently to beat the MIO ...THAT said......

Salts have (in November 2017) released their latest CONFIDENCE BE Bag, in Stone, White, AND BLACK colours!! I’m just hoping they used the XND1352 amazing sticky flange on it!! I’m getting a box of them in White (30 in box) next week (all the Samples have GONE). I’ll get back to you all after I’ve tried them.

Salts are based in Birmingham, U,K,

VEGAN Ostomy....you MUST do a review of these SALTS CONFIDENCE BE .....PLEASE.....

Fingers crossed on this one folks.....watch this space....

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 8, 2018 4:42 pm  

I'm not surprised to hear about your results with these.

Re: the Be bags by Salts. I do plan to review those this year. I'm excited to see them on the market!

ReplyQuote
Teddyburr
 Teddyburr
(@Teddyburr)
January 9, 2018 6:21 am  

VeganOstomy........THIS Comment is especially for YOU!!

Well......You are SUCH a GREAT Guy!!! I left a comment here about the Sensura Mio....and you replied so fast. This confirms my opinion of you.....that you are soooo caring and interested in the problems and comments from those who take the time to post on your Site.

Looking down at comments made by others, I can see you have replied to all who have took the time to input their opinions. I have commented on many issues on other sites.....with some VERY useful stuff and information....and had NO response or acknowledgement whatsoever, which makes you think....why bother? I will ALWAYS bother to give my input to your site, as you care so much for those with problems....and respond to even general comments.

I watch ALL your videos. They are SO well narrated - and you cover every aspect, negative and positive. The camerawork is brilliant, showing great, clear shots of what you are explaining.

Yes, please do a review as soon as you can on the Salts CONFIDENCE BE. Have you seen or tried Salts SECUPAST Washers (seals). They are REALLY GOOD. (Worth a review as leak stoppers)

I will reiterate here.....what a truly lovely guy you are! I would simply love to meet you.....but I live in the U.K., so this is just to say.....a BIG thank thank you, which you SO well deserve!! Your wife must be a very, VERY lucky lady!!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 9, 2018 9:41 am  

Thanks again for writing. I love getting positive feedback and I will continue to do my best in helping others like you.

That review is on my todo list, so don’t you worry :)

ReplyQuote
Nick
 Nick
(@Nick)
January 11, 2018 7:46 am  

Hi - as a recentish ostomate - Ileostomy - I left hospital with a whole box of diifferent makes to try out - mainly Coloplast ones. They were ok but my tummy shape seems to want a convex model according to my stoma nurse. I had poor experience of SenSura mio - convex / and now using a Dutch make - Euro Tec code iltc 113 - 45 which has now been on a couple of days and seems good . Any experience of these from anyone??

ReplyQuote
Teddyburr
 Teddyburr
(@Teddyburr)
January 11, 2018 9:10 am  

THIS COMMENT IS FOR NICK......or anyone looking for a SUPERB Convex Appliance.

Hi Nick

If your looking for a Super Convex appliance, do try the SALTS Confidence XND1352 Convex. The Wafer is super-sticky, a good size, and is round in shape. I use this bag with a Secuplast washer (seal) underneath and this combination I find is bomb-proof for me. I walk miles, horse ride and swim using this appliance. It’s super comfortable and you can wear a belt with it if you wish. I don’t wear a belt with it because I find it’s secure enough for me without one!! I get NO LEAKS wearing this set-up.

SALTS are a company based in Birmingham, U.K., but I think you can get their appliances in the U.S. (may need a bit of looking into). Stephie and Stu May know the answer to this....

If you manage fine with the one you are using....Hooray for you. I stay with a bag that works for me - and the above one does. That said, I am just trying SALTS NEW appliance, the Confidence Be, which Salts do I tend to release in a Convex option soon.

I hope the above helps......

ReplyQuote
Teddyburr
 Teddyburr
(@Teddyburr)
January 11, 2018 9:24 am  

NICK.....Regarding my last comment (reply to you), Eric may know where you can obtain SALTS appliances from in the U.S. or Canada.

Eric.....can you kindly comment on where SALTS appliances can be obtained from, for anyone who is interested in them, in the United States or Canada please?

Many thanks and best wishes.

ReplyQuote
Nick
 Nick
(@ndimmock7)
Registered
January 11, 2018 9:28 am  

Thanks for the steer - I’ll investigate!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 11, 2018 5:58 pm  

Hey Nick, I haven't heard of EuroTec before, but I've been checking out their products online! They've got a lot of stuff, I'm surprised they aren't more popular!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 11, 2018 6:06 pm  

Argyle medical out of Montreal, Quebec is the National distributor of Salts products in Canada, but you'll still find them for sale by other medical suppliers.

I'm not sure what Salts' distribution is like in the US, but I hear it's pretty scarce - best to contact Salts in the UK to find out where their products are sold in the US.

ReplyQuote
SHARI COOK
 SHARI COOK
(@SHARI COOK)
May 19, 2018 5:12 pm  

Hi my landlord clains I am making her toilet sluggish I have had my Ileostomy for over 9 years and now she wants me to use less toilet paper and flush ywice. I find using water helps me empty my pouch easier. Any ideas or advice while I am trying to find a place to live elsewhere. SHARI

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 20, 2018 1:06 am  

Hi Shari,

Sounds like your landlord should call a plumber to clear up the pipes! She's making an unusual request, but you believe that you are to blame for the toilet being sluggish, you can try using other types of toilet paper (some break down faster than others). 

Rinsing your pouch with water can certainly help, and all you'd need to do is wipe the outlet clean when you're done - very little toilet paper would be required. 

Best of luck to you!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register