Community Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Newbie question

jasmi27
(@jasmi27)
Registered
Topic starter  

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so nice to be here.

have been type 1 since 2005. Never been into fitness but I was 69kg 179cm tall. Got into the gym at Christmas this year and I've loved it. Every day I go to the gym at lunchtime, cycle 7 miles then run,row or use the weights. I'm now 82kg in the same size trousers. 34 inch waist. Sugars bounced up and down at first. I work 8 till 5. Cornflakes at 8. Sandwiches at 12. I go to the gym at 1 lunch time. I'm finding that after 3pm I begin to go high. I have insulin, around 6 units at 5 but sugars go up to 17 after evening meal. They then stay high all though the night. I wake at 3am and find I'm still 17! 3 units of insulin, back to sleep and wake again at 6.30. I'm finding I have a terrible hypo at around 8.30 if I'm a minute late with cornflakes. How can I get rid of this high ramp? Lantus taken at 8am 28 units daily. I'm thinking of splitting this to half every 12 hours? Any help appreciated because I am benefitting from the time at the gym. Thank you so much in advance

john68 liked
john68
(@john68)
Registered

Hi and welcome to the forum, my wife is type one since the age of 12. These are her thoughts. She has split her doses but not equally. She took slightly more than half a dose to cover the period when her sugars ran higher. You may need to tweak to find what suits best for you. Sometimes you get a rebound effect after exercising. Sounds like yer doing really good well done 👍 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

jasmi27 liked
ReplyQuote
jasmi27
(@jasmi27)
Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for your kind response john:)

john68 liked
ReplyQuote