Clear all

Hi Ostomates  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

clarkjohnken
(@clarkjohnken)
Registered
March 10, 2020 4:33 am  

Ive had an Ostomy for a Couple of years. Its my second time having one. I have Crohns. I feel much better now. I stay pretty active and work at home here in Denver, CO. When i lived in Florida, I think the Heat and Moisture irritated my skin. But here in Denver the Dryer Climate seems to make this better. 

Ive been using Convatec Products Pretty much. The Hollister Brand does not seem to hold up as good. It has taken some time, but im finally getting use to the Ostomy and think i've figured out how to get it put on right. I like the "Slim" Rings. They seem to help also.

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 10, 2020 10:53 am  

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for that introduction and overview of the product that you used/have used. Excellent information! 

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
March 10, 2020 11:18 am  

clarkjohnken...Welcome to the best site ever!!!  So, your on your second time around eh! Thank you for sharing this with us.  May I ask how long between your stoma times?  I too live in a drier climate and have little trouble with things sticking right where they belong.  Most leaks I can blame on my own  human error! lol!   This is a good thing.  I'm sure your experiences will help others here as well, so, feel free to Chime in and help others figure things out a little easier.

All the best of health to you as you journey on forward in Denver and on VO! 

Linda

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 10, 2020 11:51 am  

Hi and welcome, the very best on your ostomy journey

LK liked
ReplyQuote
glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)
Registered
March 10, 2020 1:21 pm  

Hi and welcome!  Thanks for posting.  I hope things continue to go well for you!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 11, 2020 3:18 am  

Welcome!!  It is always nice to see a new ostomate join our group. I’m glad that you are getting off to a good start!!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
March 11, 2020 11:42 am  

Welcome, clarkjohnken! Glad you are doing well. What is it you like about the slims?

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Lil Stomie
(@lil-stomie)
Registered
March 14, 2020 12:15 pm  

Just wanted to say hi, I am new here! I'm 50 and got diagnosed with colon cancer in December '19, 10 days before Christmas. Have a reversible colostomy, and my doctor is optimistic that I will beat this cancer and get the colostomy reversed eventually...fingers crossed :-) 
I joined because it seems like every day I have another issue annoying issue with my bag or output or SOMETHING lol. Looking forward to connecting with others in the same boat!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 16, 2020 11:07 am  

@lil-stomie

Welcome to the forums! Please, feel welcome to post questions about some of your issues and hopefully, we can solve it together. 

LK liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 16, 2020 11:39 am  

Hi and welcome, the very best wishes for a recovery and going forward 👍

LK and Lil Stomie liked
ReplyQuote
Lil Stomie
(@lil-stomie)
Registered
March 16, 2020 12:51 pm  

@veganostomy

Thanks so much for having me!!

VeganOstomy and LK liked
ReplyQuote
Lil Stomie
(@lil-stomie)
Registered
March 16, 2020 12:53 pm  

@john68

Thanks so much! I am keeping a positive attitude as much as possible!

john68 and LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
March 16, 2020 1:01 pm  

@lil-stomie.. welcome to the group! You will have your good moments and bad but they too can be conquered! Thus is life! 

Hang in here, and know that no question is a stupid question, we have all been there. All the best and be as well as you can be.

ReplyQuote
Lil Stomie
(@lil-stomie)
Registered
March 16, 2020 1:03 pm  

@dlkfiretruck

Thank you very much, that is kind of you! I am glad to have found this forum, appreciate the support!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
March 16, 2020 2:11 pm  

Welcome Lil Stomie,

This does take some getting used to, but you will get really good at it. The first time you forget its there ( no matter for how long) it will be great! It really does get better. 

Ask all the questions you want.

LK and Lil Stomie liked
ReplyQuote
Lil Stomie
(@lil-stomie)
Registered
May 1, 2020 2:32 pm  

Update: I just wanted to give an update on how I am doing since I first introduced myself on this forum! I have colon cancer, and they did a CT scan on March 20th and found out that my tumor is actually shrinking, and there is no sign of it spreading anywhere! I am really happy. They scheduled me for another scan on May 14th so fingers crossed! My doctor came right out and told me she is confident that I can beat this, and also have my colostomy reserved. So I am still feeling pretty happy and optimistic about this.

LK and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
May 1, 2020 3:42 pm  

Hi ya, That is fantastic news, keep us updated 👍

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered