Community Forums

The Stuff You Don't Hear About IBD  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2018 11:32 am  

Hi Hilary, thank you for reading. I'm glad you learned something new about IBD :) Have a wonderful holiday!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2018 11:41 am  

Hi Klancee,

Thank you for reading and also for sharing your story. Dealing with it for decades would have been very difficult, but I hope that it made you a stronger person for coming out of it.

I hate that you were given the run around by your doctors and even blamed for being sick! That's not what patients need, and I can only hope that doctors today are wiser.

Dona liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2018 11:41 am  

Thanks for reading, Cindy!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 11, 2018 12:41 pm  

Crazy to think I had a doctor who kept telling me my weight loss and pains where all in my head. His advice was not to get stressed 😩 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK and Dona liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
December 12, 2018 11:12 am  

If I am ever tempted to pity myself for having an ostomy ( hasn't happened yet), I am going to re read this post/thread. Thanks for bringing it to the front again!

For many of us, the diagnosis/treatment phase goes on way too long. By the time we get this life saving surgery, we are very ill indeed.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

john68, VeganOstomy and LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 12, 2018 2:32 pm  
Posted by: john68

Crazy to think I had a doctor who kept telling me my weight loss and pains where all in my head. His advice was not to get stressed 😩 

Too many people are told that their illness is "in their head" - and many suffer for years because of it. 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register