Community Forums

Pseudo Blockages, m...

Notifications
Clear all

Pseudo Blockages, malabsorption and severe anemia...am I having fun yet?

161 Posts
11 Users
223 Likes
13.5 K Views
(@squeakyandliza)

@dlkfiretruck

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to laugh but it is mostly at your description of Romeo's reactions. He sounds precious. 

I have had times where I didn't want to get up even though I could feel my bag was pretty full, and that has led to leaks, but once I get up, I am pretty wakeful and if anything have trouble falling back to sleep. 

When I empty my bag at home, I do it sitting on the potty and I empty into the plastic triangular cup thing they gave me in the hospital when I was supposed to be measuring the output in the beginning. I have a bar stool in my bathroom in front of the potty where I set the cup (my retired nurse mother in law called it a graduate) and I get my pieces of tp that I will need to clean up and put those on the stool and then I empty the bag into the graduate and set it back on the stool. Then clean up the bag with the tp and add them to graduate. Bonus: I can pee at the same time. Then I get up and dump graduate into potty and clean it by filling with water from sink and dumping into toilet a couple times. It is a little more work, but got into habit when first out of hospital and had to measure, plus was too weak to stand and empty. Anywhere else, I stand, actually sort of squat to be closer to toilet, to empty.  I rinse really good, but it still got a little stained, so we got Squeaky a new graduate for his birthday in June. ?? Yes, I am a bit of a goofball that way. 

Stella, I don't know if John is the same as me, but I am doing entries on my phone, so I have access to all the same emojis that I have when I am texting. ???? I didn't know about the toilet emoji til now though. ?

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Stella, look for the symbol that looks like a smiley face bottom left of your phone or iPad, tap on and take yer pick. My devices are apple and it may vary if different. But should be similar ?????

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK, VeganOstomy, SqueakyandLiza and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Thanks, John. Hopefully, this will help other non-techies as well!

Stella

PS Sorry, everyone, for my digression from the original topic!

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@ileostony)

Linda,

How do you do it? You're braver than I am. I probably wouldn't have told that story if it had happened to me. Your Romeo sounds like a sweetheart. Again, thank you for your willingness to tell us of such difficult and embarrassing incidents. I'm certain your stories help all of us in many ways.

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone...

Thank you for  your funny comments and the tech support...I always wondered how you did that. I will give it a good try. I truly had a laugh over you saying I was such a Trooper.  You see one of our dogs ( Hmmm....lol ) got his name because he was delivered by me. He was the only puppy of our girl dog and he was born breach. With the vet on the phone, I had to deliver the little guy and then telling the vet on the phone that his nose was black, I was told I had to give him CPR.  I was so, not impressed! I had to give him CPR three times. Each time he pinked up and then turned blue gain.  The last time, he stayed adorable in PINK and we had truly bonded.  Once the CPR ended, I had said "what a little Trooper." It was then the kids decided he should be called Trooper.  Who was I to argue?  Somehow being told I was a trooper, brought back his fight to live and it does remind me of my own fight to keep on living, and to do it the best I can for what I have been given.  It is an encouragement really!  An egging on...keep marching forward sort of thing. So, thank you all.  

When I began this forum, I had decided that if Eric could tell it like it is, and that is what I see this whole site is about really, and that I should and would do the same thing.  Believe me, I thought about it long and hard, the honesty thing, but I came here for honesty and I think others do too. We get honesty here too. I know I have appreciated it ten fold.  Hmm...So, there it is, honesty or not at all.  

On that note, on the malnourished side of life...having lost more of the stuff that hangs off our bones, under the skin, I have noticed more changes of late.  My feet are especially numb.  I am not sure if that is from pressure on my tail bone or from not having enough padding on my feet anymore. I have been waking in the night with my heals on """fire""" and in incredible pain, so much so, that I can't even touch them. I have used ice packs to soothe but they do not even like the cold....shucks! Lol...considering I tend to sleep with two pairs of thermal socks on my feet in winter, this was not a surprise, but it certainly increased the pain factor.  I have taken to sleeping with a pillow under my legs so my feet do not hit the mattress at all.  The usual other changes of fat and weight loss are taking place still, but more slowly now thank goodness. And...my weight is holding for three weeks now! Lol. 

I want to add that I appreciate your true concerns, and the fact that your even taking time to read this all, all, being the key word..Lol,  I am really okay thru all of it.  Hazmat spill and all! Lol.   The worst of all this for me so far is the anemia I think. I really dislike the affects of the iron infusions and those pathetic spontaneous nap sessions and being so tired that it gives a whole new meaning to dragging my proverbial...well... lets just say, stoma! However, today my eyes behaved, and I had some energy to go and choose new taps for the tub in my ensuite...even if was just across the street at my neighbors, the plumber, and on his computer...then I had a lovely visit with his sweet wife in the garden, A very pleasant and fun afternoon.  

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

I'm so glad you had a nice afternoon, Linda!! You have been through so much and handle it all so gracefully, while still being so supportive of all of us. 

I hope there are many more good days coming up for you!!

Liza ?

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Hi Linda,

I can't get over how much you are enduring! It seems like it's one thing after another. Yet, you keep on keeping on.

You are also brave as well. I don't know-to go if I would have the wherewithal to deliver a puppy! ;-) 

Stella

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

@dlkfiretruck

Linda, you have enough!!  Hope your ahead days r more welcoming and stress-less !! Together we shall proceed ahead with grace.  THAT CATNT BE TAKEN FROM US   right ?? 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

HI there ostomates...I have taken a few days to nurse a sick puppy and...well me. I did have a few really good days and did as much as I could in them. First, my grown up puppy had been laying too still for about 3 days.  Romeo (11 1/2) that is 80 1/2 in people years, he & I have been thick as thieves since we got him.  After my man died, Romy became my go to source for some fun, love, cuddling, appreciation, and distraction. We know each other well and I rely on him as much as he relies on me.  After he spent three days laying about hardly moving, not eating/drinking enough and not following me every single place I went including braving the washroom, lol,  I knew something was horribly wrong with the little guy and really thought I was having to make a decision to have to induce his expiry date. After a very thorough vet exam it seems his trouble lay in his little arthritic hips. Because his pain made him an unwilling walker,  it seems he got bit fat.  He gained 2-3 lbs. This is causing the trachea to have trouble expanding fully, his heart is great tho.  I am overjoyed that I can report he is doing so much better now and following me around again (the brave little sucker)! He has a good prognoses with a longer daily walk then usual in his future, and after 10 days with inflammation in check, we will start. I see a vet for him that really is in the business for the animals sake and not the pay, such a nice change. He will need a daily dose of anti-inflammatory and it is very afforadable.

I have taken a few days to heal myself.  I did have a few days of "wonderful" energy for a few hours, and used it as best I could.  I took to cleaning out the back garden (sorry Marcie, I disobeyed, lol) and am paying for it.  Swollen arthritic knuckles, allergies and my eye balls don't mix well, and my arthritic back joined the party also. Feeling so much better and being able to look out back without guilt is a tremendous tool in life. It is not like I did not know this would happen, and, believe me it is worth it, and yes, I would do it again. So, well on my way to healing, with swelling almost down, I can check in here again. You all have been busy. 

Now, I honestly do not know what to do about this tho, any in put will help here...I have to come to realize, eating the way I am told to, that the fierce pain is just never ending. The nausea, vomiting, dehydration & so much more out put and continual horrid pain encompassing my whole abdomen.  My sleep is deprived badly with more frequent visits to the loo. While cleaning the garden I discovered I much preferred to eat less often and have times when there is less constant pain, but still bad pain, verses continual in levels a doctor would never live with I am sure. This affects my quality of life something dreadful. Neighbours were asking my (basement dwellers) if I was in hospital, my son Daniel, had to take Romeo out for me in the evening as by that time the pain was so immense it was uncontrollable. Some pain you just can't smile thru. Voicing the affects of it is not something I have never really done, I suffered in silence so to say, but this, life this way, is not worth being so badly grounded in my home and bathroom. I love cooking and preparing nice vitamin filled meals, but I think is it  unreasonable to ask me to eat like that and be in that kind of horrid pain all the time and not have a life. Sometimes I think that if it ever really came down to an intestinal transplant that even with the list of atrocious risks involved, maybe it would not be such a bad idea. 

Today, I am so tired because even the softer digestible foods I ate yesterday and this week made last night, all night, more miserable again. If I was not eating right all my vitamins would be down in amounts in my test results, but they are showing some here and some there that are depleted or too low. I know I eat right vitamin wise, and enough of them, but I think this is where the malabsorption comes in.  Some foods are easier to digest then others, no matter how well I chew. Between the narrowings and all the thickening of bowel walls & scar tissue everywhere, life is just not fun or fulfilled to me. With it also comes the most painful gas and nausea and my abdomen becomes hard and distended, much like with a  blockage, the pseudo pat, only still out putting. Even with eating like this again since instructed, I am noticing more weight loss this week and more fat loss then before. Pun intended...I am fed up but not depressed!  What do I do?  How do I make them understand?  What would you do? I would rather live a shorter life then a pain filled one as this is. I can't even go camping like this. Please do not get down or feel sorry for me, we all have our demons in the closet and this is for sure mine. If you ask me, knowing there are peeps (peeps, lol) out there who have felt this kind of pain is a pretty good trade off for the honesty in the is forum. Thank you all so much, and again sorry for the long read and face.  ( {:{ ). )  feeling a bit down in the mouth, come on, chin up girl...  {:{). lol...I can't get the emoticons to work yet. 

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Linda, first I am so glad to hear yer wee buddy is feeling better, pet is not the right word they’re friends with extra legs, it’s so easy when that good spell comes to over do it but hey it made you feel good to get the yard sorted. Your digestive problems are complicated and not easy to deal with  and I am sure you know the best way to handle but it still doesn’t make it any easier, getting it of your mind and saying feelings out loud helps. I haven’t given ya a lot of help but maybe just a little support ???

LK, Tony and SqueakyandLiza reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@ileostony)

Hi Linda,

I maybe just be rehashing old hat stuff for you, but have you ever tried any of the liquid supplements available for Crohn's sufferers who struggle with malabsorption?  I might be barking up the wrong tree, but here's a list I found that might contain something that you could find beneficial.

• Peptamen or Peptamen Junior for kids — Contains protein that has been partially broken down, making it easier to absorb. This may be useful if portions of the digestive tract are inflamed or have been removed. This formula also contains MCT oils that are absorbed more easily, decreasing the undesirable effects of fat malabsorption (diarrhea, gas and bloating). This formula is not highly concentrated, which also may help decrease diarrhea. An 8 ounce ready-to drink can provides 240 calories, 10 grams protein; made by Nestle. Recommend adding flavor packets to improve palatability.
  • Peptamen 1.5 — Same composition as Peptamen but offers more calories per can. An 8 ounce ready-to-drink can provides 360 calories, 16 grams protein; made by Nestle.
  • Modulen IBD — A mild formulation, which may help control diarrhea. It also contains a growth factor which may decrease inflammation. It contains MCT oil for better absorption of fat. An 8 ounce serving made from powder provides 240 calories, 9 grams protein; made by Nestle.
  • EnLive! — Useful for nutrition before surgery, fat malabsorption, lactose intolerance and gluten sensitivity. This is a clear liquid supplement that is a good source of protein and calories. An 8 ounce, ready-to drink box provides 300 calories, 10 grams protein; made by Ross.
  • Lipisorb — High in MCT oil, which is an easily absorbed form of fat -- useful for fat malabsorption. An 8 ounce ready-to drink can provides 325 calories, 14 grams protein; made by Mead Johnson.
  • Subdue — Partially broken down protein plus MCT oil for better absorption of fat. An 8 ounce ready-to drink can provides 240 calories, 12 grams protein; made by Mead Johnson.
  • Vivonex — May be indicated for severe problems with absorption. This formula is very low in fat and is "elemental" or contains completely broken down protein, so the intestines can absorb nutrients easily. An 8 ounce ready-to drink can provides 240 calories, 11 grams protein; made by Novartis
  • Optimental — This product is also elemental (completely broken down proteins) and contains MCT oils for easier absorption. It is lactose free and contains high levels of antioxidants. An 8 ounce ready-to drink can provides 237 calories, 12 grams protein; made by Ross.

You ask us not to feel sorry for you. That has variable definitions. I don't pity you in the worldly sense, putting myself above you. However, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling genuine sorrow for you in your health woes. Those of us who frequent this community can empathize in a special way, having been there ourselves to some degree. Beyond that, common human decency compels me to be sorry that you are having such a terrible time. Again, I'm sure I'm in good company feeling this way. Moreover, those of us who have gotten to know you a little bit and benefited from your incredibly positive attitude, the apparent joy and peace you exude despite your pain, the obvious heartfelt concern you display for others coupled with your unmistakable inability to minimize the concerns that trouble someone else, Your pleasure in providing support and proposing solutions, the endless hours you spend engaging in such unselfishness, all engender an affection for you that could never fail to magnify our empathy for you. To put it bluntly, we care about you and hate that you are hurting, and we wish we could do more to mitigate your plight. I pray that something on the above list will be the gold you have yet to strike.

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

LK, john68 and SqueakyandLiza reacted
ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

What Tony said!!

Seriously though, I read your post yesterday and wanted to take time to think about my response, not sure how to say what I wanted. But Tony put in to words beautifully, what I wanted to say. 

We are all pulling for you!!  

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

LK, john68 and Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Linda,

I must echo Liza's sentiments. Know that my heart feels for you - though I cannot imagine the intense pain you are going through. You are certainly in my prayers. It's OK to "cry" on our shoulders, so to speak. You have been there for us when we needed a shoulder.

As for Romeo, I am glad to know that he is doing better. I know what a support that our four legged friends can be. Many years ago, after both my brothers had passed, I had found out that my oldest sister had breast cancer. After hanging up the phone with my mother, my heart just broke, and I cried like I never did before. Both my German Shepherd and my cat stayed by my side until the torrents of tears abated. 

Hoping you begin to feel much better soon and that the doctors can come up with a reason for all your medical problems.

God bless,

Stella

LK, john68 and Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Great post Tony about nutrition support. I learned a lot.

And to Linda. Thanks so much for sharing what you are experiencing and learning. We are all learning through this.  Hope you improve and get more information soon.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

Howdy....We are in the middle of thunder and lightening storm here...raining hard, being Canadas only desert, we can use it. The soil in my flower bed is cracking in dryness.  Knock on wood, but only 2 forest fires in our region this year, so far. I  am hoping the lightening does not spark another fire as we are on the crispy side here.

Romeo is doing so much better again. I am delighted to have my side kick back! I so appreciate those puppy eyes and extra legs...he often gives me one up!

Thank you, all, for the amount of support I am feeling and reading from you all. The more prayers the better!  It has been a long journey of late and I am somewhat exhausted.  John, even if the support comes in way of a like, I can feel it.  You always add such sweet support coupled with the odd pm and it is helpful to say the least. Thank you so much for even reading this, that goes to all of you. I am long to read and am aware of it and trying to do better. But at the same time sometimes in order for the realness to come thru, it can take long...but I will still try. I promise Eric.  I think is is how I ended up in the lounge (LOLLOL) plus it is a sensitive issue to newbies to some degree.

Warning: At that, I really want to say to anyone NEW who may read this forum that I am a rare case and have been difficult to diagnose, as happens once in a while with me.  Because this is happening to me, does not mean it will happen to you so please, don't go there with the fear factor. I am 50 years in with this bowel and extraintestinal manifestation stuff, ( TQ, a good lesson Eric) and it has been hard to get a diagnoses to what is going on here. The best thing you can do is to learn about your own situation, listen to your body, and stay healthy as can be.

Liza, thank you in both places, here and in the pm. I appreciate it so much. Dona, the same to you.  It truly helps being able to talk about these things with people who have dealt with similar situations, with people that get it. A relief actually.

Stella, my goodness, I would have had a tear fest too!!!  How is your sister doing, you never said her outcome. Is she enjoying her new home and area? Job? We lost so many people to cancer in the family in a short time it was overwhelming, 11 actually. My hubby was asked by his sister to read a poem that had been read at all the family funerals, at our nieces funeral.  We had not yet told family that he had cancer as we did not want to distract anyone from the needed attention or grief his sister and her hubby were experiencing. This was their only child. We waited about 6 months then told them, but my family knew and were praying.  It was very difficult to see my man reading this poem (one I had written in a very emotional state)  and he did it with such sincere heart felt emotion in it, never letting on why he was so emotional doing it.  Talk about a silent room and with so very many high school youth in it. Our four legged buddies can be so supportive in their silence and warmth just sitting by us. I have seen Romy many times, come to me when I tear up and just give soft little quick kissy licks under my chin, sitting on me till the tears subside and I move. 

Tony...No rehashing here! Wow, I had no idea there was such a thing as MCT. I have spent the time reading and learning all about it, pacing the eyes, I am learning. Where did you learn about it from. Thank you so much for your efforts in this matter I am trying to locate some. The amount of info is amazing on this MCT.  How have I not heard of this? It is affordable which is nice, but I am cautious about the side affect of  the weight loss they warn of.  I am going to wait until I talk to the GI in Kelowna and my internist about this before I take it, then I will decide what to do. Sometimes the benefits can outweigh side affects.

I saw my GP back from holiday today.  I will be seeing an orthopedic person about my numb feet and hands. I have had carpal tunnel before and am sure this is the hand issues, but I did not know that we could get it in our feet as "Tarsal" Tunnel Syndrome.  I have had that Plantar Faciitis in both my heels a long time ago. I had gone for a nap & when I woke up I could not lower my feet to the ground for severe pain. At the hospital they said "heel spurs" and I agreed with that term "spurs" fully, it truly got the point across (hehe). I could not handle a light blanket touching my feet.  A kind neighbour lent me this rack to put under the blankets to keep them off my feet and we used a pillow to keep my heals off the mattress. Talk about along ten days, so frustrating to be down with something so silly.  Ten days latter it subsided and never reoccurred again. I had not connected the dots till today.  In my appointment to day, I presented my GP with an unexpected, unasked for, "stool sample." Tho he is awesome at treating the pain, I felt he needed to get a better look at the department causing the pain.  So, before I left, I gathered about 8 of the sharpest rocks I could find on our yard, washed & in a baggie. After I presented him with the rocks and told him this is what it felt like was passing thru my guts & around the corners when they moved. The look on his face when I said that I brought him the stool sample was priceless, along with his 1 raised eyebrow! I "plopped" them in front him and he stared at them for about 10 seconds and said..."point received!" Turned out he was not aware I had been referred to the Kelowna GI, and had began looking for a GI at that time, so I told him about the referral. We  had a little conversation about different specialist titles & he apologized for not acting on this sooner.  I am grateful for him in many ways, especially that he is young and not afraid to treat PAIN when so many are. I took my rocks home to present to the big guy in Kelowna.  He is going to try and put a rush on the Iron Infusions approval and has referred me back to the Urologist, and a Orthopedic doctor.  You all know so much more about me then my family! lol. Thank you all so much for being here.

Eric, thank you for a place to learn and share how things are going and to receive needed support and vital information.  Understanding EIT MFTs has gone the mile, my GP is aware of it now, because of you too. Google, we have developed a special relationship and I appreciate you too. LOL! Everyone, be strong and be healthy.

Linda 

Linda

VeganOstomy, SqueakyandLiza, Tony and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

I am so excited, I just have to share this...Some time ago (10 yrs), I lent dear friends some money.  Recently, I rec'd a phone call from them telling me they were ready to pay it back and one way they wanted to do this was to give me their second car for partial payment.  After much prayer and investigation, into the car & its value & I new it had never had an accident, I decided that it was a good idea but wanted to pray about it first. Eight weeks later  and after a long test drive, I took possession of my dark grey, 2005 Toyota Corolla S.  She is in excellent condition, and arrived with a full surprise servicing for me, and man, she purrrrrs like a kitten.  They are the original owners of the car and because his wife no longer works they decided to go down to one vehicle.  They had heard several weeks back about my situation, so they also prayed about this before presenting me with the offer. When they bought it, way back then we a couples day trip to Kelowna in this nice car.  It is a five speed "stick" shift four door, bucket seats & seats five. The only downfall is the roll up/down windows but I can certainly live with that little tiny inconvenience because she does have air conditioning. Tires in good shape included Michelin winters. She arrived with a full tank of gas and all the receipts for the servicing (& past servicing) as a bonus to me. Something I Had not heard of was, he puts synthetic lubrication in it, washable filters and a good a cleaning in and out. He has always taken magnificent care of his vehicles, so I was thrilled to see the past receipts all done on time for service on this car,  with mechanic business cards to boot. 

It has been about 17 years since I last drove a stick, and incidentally it was one of their cars they lent us for a week after we had lent our station wagon out for a youth group weekend, but they had been asked to not take the car on a certain highway and ignored this request, the engine blew late at night leaving 9 of them all stranded, and our car needing major intestinal surgery.  It has been a while, but my first car was a stick, so I was confident I could drive this baby.  We took a nice long drive so I could get used to her qualities, and was I ever impressed with her!!!  Shoot she has guts too, I even layed rubber! Lollol!  My friend said that I was born to drive a stick...this was very appreciated as I didn't grind gears once & I have never driven  5 speed!  When we returned he bragged about my natural ability to my son who is hopeless at driving a stick, but I did offer to teach him some day if he pays the extra insurance. Lol! So far he says no way, too challenging!  You should hear the stereo in this beauty! At any rate, I am really happy with my new car and even my car smart neighbour says that it is a great car and a great price for it!  I truly feel God has had his hand in this all along and I am eternally grateful for my new car and the further Independence I have gained by it. Rides by my son & dot in-law were always mostly available & I never asked for more then I actually needed, not wanting to be a bother or a burden to them I always paid gas money, never asked for but appreciated none the less to anyone who drove me. I feel somewhat like a teen again and look forward to many happy miles on this pretty baby. I am really considering decking her out with a big pink ribbon for a week! LOL! I am ridiculously giddy about this & have checked in the garage a dozen times since her arrival. 

I am so happy I can now return some driving favors to others and to my elderly twin sisters next door who have had a change in their situation of driving, and I no longer have to shuffle around for rides to the apts. or send my son for groceries when he goes for theirs...ofcourse, unless I should feel too unwell to drive safely.

My first solo trip was for fresh fruit to the fruit stand for some fruit & veggies for homemade Salsa, Carrot Pudding with a Rum sauce and Pickled Beets, & Pear Chutney.  Yup, I know what I am in for, but I need to feel like I have accomplished something besides catering to the anemia. I was raised to know that this hard work for winter was good thing and I really hope my kids will someday do the same. In the mean time, I will share & when they are willing to learn I will teach the craft to them. When I think of the hundreds of jars my mother put up (and taught over) for winter to feed 7 and often more every single year, I am truly blessed to be able to do this and to even think I can do this at this time may be a bit nuts & it will be conquered with a lot if prayer and a well planned process. Determination often wins over how I feel from day to day. Lol!   I think goals are an important point in life & I love making them and meeting them even more, always allowing for the times I fail based on health issues. 

Romeo "RAN" across the yard today to say hello to my neighbours and was that ever nice to see!  He is doing much better on his anti-inflammatory!  Eager to eat and play again. I feel so truly blessed by God, even with all  that is going on right now & from this community of special friends I am so grateful for everything. Thank you all for caring and saying so. You are all so kind.  On that note & the thunder and lightening storm outside, I had better grab a few winks!

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Linda, Really pleased to hear all that, Health to drive and many happy safe miles ?

ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

I am loving my, new to me car. But, it has too much power for what I am used to.  I peeled rubber after a stop on a "hill"  and man, can that car ever move! Lol! I was on my way home from a GP apt.

About that, a bit of an update. I have lost more fat off myself everywhere and , if you find it send it on over! I would much rather be over 30 lbs. weight then this any day. The way I see it It seems to be coming off my face when I thought I had lost all I could have lost from there. I did not realize that my cheekbones extend from in front of my ears. I can see those bones and am not happy about it. Yesterday discovering this in the mirror, I had first been aware of looking like I had more teeth then usual, but the fat I had on my face and my lips and around my eyes is less all around.  I have noticed more muscle degeneration in my arms.  I have always had strong muscles and my upper arm muscles were kind of, not huge but strong, probably from keeping up with exercising and push ups. I usually walk my dog lots and stopped while he was healing from an arthritic hip/spine thing, so my legs are strong.  He is on a daily dose of a mild anti-inflammatory and walking again after 9 months and I am the one stopping for a break now. I get so winded.  This annoys the living daylights out of me as much as the bathroom mirror does. Yesterday I was told my hemoglobin is low again and that is likely why I get winded and dizzy when getting up and walking.  I figured as much but at least the GP knows I am feeling it right?  I can deal with that.  My Iron is 5 which explains the exhausting fatigue again. Last time it was 2. 

I have not heard form the GI in Kelowna yet but on Monday plan to call his office and introduce myself and see if I can bring my situation in the light further. How can someone eat so much food and keep loosing fat like this, but I guess that is the malabsorption part of it all. Somewhere along the line I managed to bruise my tailbone which is obvious if you were to pat my bottom, and no you may not. Lol!  I used to feel the mattress when I go to bed at night, but now all I feel are my bones, my spine at the back of my neck and the bones of my skull on the pillow.  I seem to always be fluffing my pillow because it feels hard after a few min. but is not.  

There is a wicked little virus or early flu going around that has hit our household.  Unfortunately normal for when the kids start school again after summer.  My immune system sucks anyways most of the time! Lol.  Muscle aches/pains, unrelenting nausea, desperate fatigue, fever & chills, headache, bloating and gas my son had vomiting, and it seems to last 2 to 4 days. It was hard for me to distinguish what I was dealing with because most of these symptoms, minus the headache I already have anyways from my lovely guts.  But it was the fever & chills that nailed it for me.  When I asked my son about his symptoms, he said he had been vomiting and felt extremely weak. We were both hit with it the Tuesday night and both feel we are starting to climb out of it today, Friday evening. Thank Heaven!!!

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

@dlkfiretruck

Oh Linda, 

I am sorry for everything you are going through. And it feels really inappropriate to make a joke right now, but I know you will appreciate it.   I found your fat and will return it at once. I would even make a quick trip up there so you can have it back as soon as possible!  I was wondering where it came from. ??

But in all seriousness, I really hope someone can figure out how to get some meat on your bones and keep it there. You have been through so much. You deserve something good to happen!!  You have been so strong, never complaining, when you have so much you could complain about, but instead offering help to everyone else!!

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

Thank you Liza!!! I needed a good laugh and when I read this reply I got several. As a matter of fact, I have been so busy and now tired from canning some foods and having lots of time to think about things while prepping them, and your reply kept interfering and making me laugh. So, thank you from the bottom of my bones.  I will be right there to collect. LOL!

Linda

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 9