Ostomy Accessories Guide: Ostomy Wraps  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 29, 2017 11:00 am  
wpf-cross-image

Let's talk about Ostomy Wraps!

Have you tried them? What are your favorites?

My full article on this topic can be found by clicking on the link below.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Zak
 Zak
(@Zak)
September 3, 2017 8:08 pm  

Hey Eric!
Thanks for the review. I actually have the wrap from Weir Comfees and it's great, made of cotton and great in the summer. The con is that it stretches and I had to get it taken it.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 4, 2017 4:20 pm  

Thanks for letting me know they had them! I may order them one day to review :)

ReplyQuote
Dennis Wade
 Dennis Wade
(@Dennis Wade)
June 11, 2018 4:21 pm  

Hi Eric!
To let you and others know, I was just at the website for the Ostomysecrets Classic Wrap, only to find that they do not offer shipping to Canada at this time.
Bummer!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
June 11, 2018 4:43 pm  

Hi Dennis,

This is, unfortunately, something I've been trying to get them to change for several years now! They have amazing products - I just wish Canadians could order them!

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
June 11, 2018 5:10 pm  

Hello Dennis . Welcome to the group . I bought my wraps at this site support@pouchwear.com its in Yuma Arizona USA and sounds like you are in Canada not sure if they ship there but might be worth a shot . I ordered 1 tried it and then ordered 2 more . I wear them for everything except bed .

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
sgranito
(@sgranito)
Registered
June 11, 2018 8:34 pm  

Hello everyone.

I am a new member to the online community and this is my first time posting.

I have had an ostomy for over twenty years, but I was just informed that it will be a forever pouch. So...I am trying out new accessories. I have recently bought a Stealth Belt and a wrap from PouchWear. Does anyone have any experience with the PouchWear brand?

Thanks, 

Scott

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
June 12, 2018 9:34 am  
Posted by: sgranito

I have recently bought a Stealth Belt and a wrap from PouchWear. Does anyone have any experience with the PouchWear brand?

Hi Scott, welcome to the forums!

I haven't used any of the PouchWear products, but it looks like Robert has the wraps. I'm hoping he'll be able to share his experience with those.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
June 12, 2018 5:12 pm  

Hey Scott welcome to the group . I have a comfort belt that I ordered from Comfort belt out of the UK and I used that for awhile . But at that time I was having problems with leaks but they were not caused buy wearing the belt and wearing my bag sideways . But then I tried a wrap so that I could try wearing my bag vertically . I did find that I liked it . It does help to conceal my bag etc. and gives support for my bag at the same time . I now wear one all day whether home or out . I did get it from Pouchwear  I bought the least expensive ones to try first and I am happy with them . I also bought a shower cover from Pouchware . I did have a good experience with them . Hope this helps ya .

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
jaymitch
(@jaymitch)
Registered
June 14, 2018 9:11 am  

So on the support belts, do they impede the ability of output to drain to the bottom of the bag? With my sigmoid colostomy my output is fairly firm and already starting to get into a bit of a rhythm. Wondering about wearing horizontal and how all that might work. I currently just roll around the house with 2PCS just swinging in the breeze but I think that puts a little extra strain on the wafer. Thoughts on any of this would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jeff - Sigmoid Colostomy May 2018

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
June 14, 2018 10:38 am  

Hi Jeff, Yes support belts and guards can some times get in the way of output. But so can clothing as well! it will depend on the fit and body shape and plus the type of work or exercise. But they are a benefit and a help as well. if you wear a large bag and it gets full that can be a weight on the wafer. Another point is where the stoma is say high or low and also how we dress. if you like a shirt tucked in these items can help. For me my stoma is low and the wearing the bag side ways would not work, but I can get away with a waist band just a little higher. A case of one size don,t fit all and bare in mind some of these items can be expensive so be sure before making a purchase. I remember on the forum some one had tried out wearing side ways using a wrap to see how it went.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
June 15, 2018 1:27 pm  

Hi, jaymitch, 

As John already wrote, support belts and guards may sometimes restrict flow. 

I would like to add that this can also depend on the style of the product you're using, how tight it is, whether it's firm or flexible, and the consistency of your output.

I've tried quite a few of these products and there's no magic formula to prevent this from happening, unfortunately. 

I do have some information about wearing the bag horizontally which may answer some questions, but I don't have the same type of ostomy as you do so my experience is going to be a little different: https://www.veganostomy.ca/horizontal-ostomy-bag/

ReplyQuote