November 1st, 2014 is World Vegan Day, and I’d like to share my 5 favorite vegan resources in no particular order:
1) NutritionFacts.org – Run by Dr. Michael Greger M.D., this site is full of entertaining and informative articles and videos about all things health and nutrition. Dr. Greger is an amazing speaker who gives the proceeds to the videos he sells to charity. What I love about this site is that every video and article comes with sources, that you can follow up with if you like. The content is easy to access, understandable to ordinary people and is updated frequently!
2) VeganHealth.org – Run by Jack Norris, RD., this site focuses on health-related topics and nutrition. Because Jack is an RD (Registered Dietitian), he really gives a lot of practical advice to vegans looking to optimize their diet. Jack is extremely objective when it comes to presenting and explaining what the latest research on health and nutrition is all about, which I really appreciate, since many pro-veg websites can often skew their reporting because of their bias.
3) FindingVegan.com – Sometimes you just want to look at some amazing photos of food to get inspired. Finding Vegan curates some of the most amazing plant-based food photo in a clean interface, which links each photo to the blog/website they come from. Nearly all the photos link to recipes, so you aren’t stuck with an appetite and nothing to do. The next time you wonder what a vegan eats, you’ll know where to go!
4) OneGreenPlanet.org – This site covers many topics, from environmentalism to lifestyle, to food to activism, but it’s very well done and offers lots ways to kill time! Despite the large subscription pop-up that you’re assaulted with when entering the page (Yes, it annoys the shit out of me – no pun intended!), it’s a fantastic resource and you should check it out!
5) BiteSizeVegan.com – This one’s a new one for me, but I’m quickly loving the videos that Emily puts out. She covers many “hot topics” in the vegan world and has an awesome sense of humor about it. If you’re looking for a new channel to add to your YouTube playlist, this one should be on it!
Hope you guys have an awesome day. If you’re already vegan, THANK YOU! The difference that YOU make to the lives of animals and the planet is immeasurable, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
If you aren’t vegan (yet), check out some those links I just mentioned or the many more I have on my Vegan Resources page