Community Forums

Hollister ostomy pouches: Clear vs. Ultra-clear (w/ video)  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 18, 2014 1:49 pm  

Let's discuss this! Do the terms used to describe certain products ever confuse you?

To read my full article on this topic, please click on the link below.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

fpi
 fpi
(@fpi)
April 14, 2018 4:00 am  

Thanks for posting this. The information is very helpful. I guess there are so many different options because people have so many differences in what they need. The person I am buying the pouches for is very particular - needs to be clear and without a filter, etc.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
April 14, 2018 9:36 pm  

Whatever the reason, I'm glad we have options! I just wish that some of the terminology would be consistent across brands.

ReplyQuote
Kerby
(@lkerby33)
Registered
April 14, 2018 10:02 pm  

As a Newbie.. I was over whelmed with products. Names, used?  Crazy. I took a Xanax and calmed down. Kidding. Through this site, and Eric, Front Butt,  I felt more comfortable in my decisions. Thanks to all of you. Slot of knowledge here. 

ReplyQuote
Stan
 Stan
(@Stan)
May 26, 2019 1:20 am  

There is a big difference between transparent and ultra-clear. I was sent some samples from Hollister and the transparent is quite a bit thicker material than the ultra-clear - shockingly so. I have used the transparent for 6 years now and just today put on the ultra-clear sample. The transparent is a thicker, almost industrialize type vinyl. The ultra-clear feels like a zip-loc sandwich bag type material and is extremely “clearer” than the transparent. It is so thin that I am concerned about its strength and longevity, but I will see how long it lasts and how durable it is.

By the way, there is also a difference in material thickness between the transparent non-filter and transparent with filter. The filtered is thinner and more comfortable than the non-filter, though I find the drawback to the filtered ones being odor tends to leach through the thinner material.

Just my observations.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 26, 2019 1:32 am  

Hi Stan! That's quite interesting! I wonder if something changed in the last few years (or at least since I wrote this article) as I didn't notice any real differences in thickness between any of these.

Do you have any product numbers handy? I keep samples of everything I've used and I'd like to see if I have the same ones you're referring to.

I know that Hollister doesn't make any note of difference in thickness between any of these bags, but if there is a difference I'd like to update this article!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register