Community Forums

Notifications

hollister pouch issue  

RSS

Gurwinder Singh
(@singh-gurwinder2)
Registered
March 11, 2020 9:15 pm  

Hey guys, been a while since I posted here, but none of the less, I was using coloplast sensura mio system for a while and I started to get really bad itching around the outside and under the wafer. It drive me crazy, so my ostomy nurse suggested I give hollister a try. The hollister product has reduced the itching greatly, but I still have some here and there. Now the reason I am posting is I am using the 18182 pouch. When I go to empty the pouch the whole velcro piece on the opaque part of the pouch just rips off. Has anybody experienced this? It's happened on about 3 pouches so far. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
March 11, 2020 10:33 pm  

Hi, I have always used the Hollister drainable bags with the velcro  roll up. I have never had a problem with them. Maybe a defective batch? Sorry I can't be more help.

Try working with them before you use them and see if its a problem.

Good luck

ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered
March 12, 2020 3:03 pm  

try slowly wedging your finger between the two mating surfaces, sometimes the velcro really bonds together well and is hard to separate. start at one end and open slowly.

VeganOstomy and LK liked
ReplyQuote
glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)
Registered
March 12, 2020 3:51 pm  

I've never had that happen.  I'd call Hollister.  Sounds like you got some bad bags.  

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
March 12, 2020 5:32 pm  

Hi Gurwinder...yes, I agree with Glen.  Its not worth the risk of this coming apart away from home. Give Hollister a call and tell them what's going on.  They will want the numbers from the side of the box to have  a look at there end as to what is causing the issue with the velcro closure.  They will replace the defective bags for you thru the mail. If they don't offer just ask.

If you have more then one box, go thru them all and see how many may do that. If you need them sooner push for courier delivery. They have a 1-800 number so no cost to you.  You can find the number here somewhere for company samples I think.  Sorry I can't  provide that for you.  I've used Hollister for 10 years with only one small issue so give them a call.

Good luck and welcome back! 

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 13, 2020 12:27 pm  
Posted by: @singh-gurwinder2

When I go to empty the pouch the whole velcro piece on the opaque part of the pouch just rips off. Has anybody experienced this?

How many times has this happened and has it only happened with products from a single box?  I've used so many Hollister bags and only once did that velcro come off and if I recall, it may have been something I did. 

If this is an ongoing problem, please contact Hollister just in case there's a manufacturing issue that needs to be addressed. 

But as dogtalkerer suggests, try to be gentle when separating the two sides of that velcro and see if it helps. 

Good luck! 

ReplyQuote
Gurwinder Singh
(@singh-gurwinder2)
Registered
March 13, 2020 9:10 pm  

thanks for the replies. Its happened with 3 pouches so far out of the same box. I was worried because if it happens when I am not home, then it will be a problem. First thing tomorrow I will contact hollister. Thanks again. 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 18, 2020 11:35 am  
Posted by: @singh-gurwinder2

First thing tomorrow I will contact hollister.

Please let us know what they say. It sounds like you may have received a bad batch. Good luck! 

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
March 18, 2020 12:11 pm  

Gurwinder, my advice is don’t throw the rest of the batch out. You can save them for if you ever run short, and use a little metal clip (or something similar) to clamp the bottom.

ReplyQuote
Share: