Clear all

Hollister flange with moldable opening

6 Posts
5 Users
7 Likes
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Topic starter  

Sampling the moldable flange that Hollister sent and so far, so good. I am on day 3. It was very easy to put on, and I really like not having to trace and cut. My stoma is an oval shape and sticks out about an inch, retracts to half-inch on one side sometimes. I sure hope these work out - ostomy happiness!

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

VeganOstomy, LK, SqueakyandLiza and 1 people reacted
(@john68)

Have always been curious about mouldable wafers. My stoma is oval as well and I spent ages until I got a template made. All the best and be keen to hear how it progresses ?

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

I've never heard of a moldable wafer. Is this new? Eric...have you checked them out in Canada? Can we get them.

LLNORTH...how does it work? Is it softer? No cutting? 

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

I've wondered about moldable wafers as well too.  It does get tedious tracing and cutting the wafers.  I would just need to research if they make moldable wafers in convex.  I have been having pretty good luck with the deep convex from coloplast.  For me getting a good 2-3 days has been pretty good luck, so I do cut a fair amount of wafers.

My stoma is oval too.  

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @dlkfiretruck

I've never heard of a moldable wafer. Is this new? Eric...have you checked them out in Canada? Can we get them.

LLNORTH...how does it work? Is it softer? No cutting? 

I've reviewed both the Hollister and ConvaTec moldable wafers with poor results, but to be honest if they work for you then they are amazing. 

Reviews:

Hollister New Image FormaFlex Moldable Wafer

ConvaTec SUR-Fit Natura Moldable System

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Topic starter  

So .... I changed at the end of three days, not because of any problem but because I was curious. What i found:  1. It was an extended wear flange, so it was not as easy to remove as my regular  New Image flange. This made me wonder if I might eventually develop skin trouble. 2. There were two very small areas of stool that had worked their way underneath, which also gave me concern about my skin. 
My conclusion: I like these because they are so easy to use -  but will stay with my Hollister New Image two-piece for now. I am, however, going to put one of the moldable flanges in my take-it-with kit in my purse; if I need to do a change away from home this will be very handy, quick and easy to do.

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

Kiltedwolf and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote