Notifications
Clear all

Prayers  

RSS

Cyrisse
(@cyrisse)
Registered
April 4, 2020 7:58 pm  
  • Just a note to let you all know I am praying for us all in this challenging time. I get so much support from you all and am thankful. I live on the Treasure Coast in Florida, there r a few cases in my area. So as seniors we go out for groceries every few days. So take care my friends🙏🏼😉

john68 and LK liked
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
April 5, 2020 12:15 pm  

Cyrisse...Thank you from this Canadian friend! . As our Pastor said  the other day, we can all use extra prayer support at this time. I too am a senior and we have as far as I know only one case in our little town, but it is in the Prison, on the out skirts.  I do not typically hang around with the folks that are connected  there. Gaurds, office staff, cooks, janitors, ect.

Our small 18 bed hospital and our Doctors are over run on a normal basis, as we have a high amount of older seniors &  two full nursing homes.

I had to go for an iron infusion last Thursday and before your even treated, you sanitize your hands, temp. was taken & health looked over. Any sign if anything your  sent home to call your GP. I got to stay, but believe me I did not feel comfortable about it until I realized that anyone with the virus would likely not make it past checkin, so I started to feel somewhat safe being there. However, where was I "14 days prior" and who was I around???

***I would like to suggest for all of us to keep track on our fancy phones as to *where we go* and *what times we were there* on our phone calendars. Then it can be seen & traced to some extent. It also would not be a bad idea to say *how busy* the places are and if folks are keeping the *two meter distance* or not. 

Best of health to everyone here and know, that I too include you ALL in my prayers as we are ALL dealing with compromised immune systems. 

Cyrisse liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
April 5, 2020 12:48 pm  

Hi Linda and Cyrisse, ( and everyone)

Thanks for putting out all your prayers and good wishes.

And Linda, great idea to keep track of where you have been and who you have been in contact with. Two weeks is a long time to try to remember all those little interactions that we used to take for granted.

My husband and I are entering our 5th week of home seclusion. Walking in early morning, avoiding people as they avoid us. Now figuring out this face mask thing! We will get there.

Stay healthy everyone. Best you can do for yourself, your loved ones and your community.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
April 6, 2020 2:09 am  

Thank you Dona. As far as the masks go, I think that our Governments seem to have dibs on them for our Medical, First Responders and any one I involved in patient care and hospital work. Rightfully so. But if they ever recieve adequate supply it would be nice to have one for sure.   They seem to be very hard to come by everywhere. I have Asthma and would  not mind one myself.  

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
April 18, 2020 8:02 pm  

Hey there!  Has everyone who is sewing seen the youtube video of a creative use for a face mask by a Doctor and his  wife? Her creation. 

She has made masks using vacuum bags containing a "Hepa Filter" in them. It makes 4 masks per bag. With  an adult and child size pattern. Two and 2,  or 4 and 4 per bag.

The night before I had been doing a thorough vacuum and I thought of the  same thing. It was a lot easier to make then sewing a fabric  one, and can be done without a machine using glue, white glue or a warm glue gun.

I suppose if you wanted one with a design on it, you could colour it to your preference...it may be a way to get children to wear them provided they do it without damaging the filter. 

Also, this could be made using glue and some heavy books for a secure gluing, shoe lace ties, elastic, no new stuff...swipe  it from your extra underwear if need be.

Another video showed our ingenious youth creating a plastic piece to sit behind ones head and attach the elastic attach to it saving the ears a from elastic  pain if masks are worn a lot.

Idea, cut the piece from a plastic milk jug if you do not have a 3D printer sitting around.

I can try and describe this piece if anyone is interested. It was on our Global news one night. I will see if I can get the mask pattern printer here if someone is able to post it here for me...hehe! 😷 

ReplyQuote